Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Military life?

It seems so weird sometimes to think that I; a vegan, gardening addict, book reading, knitting, animal loving, kindergarten teacher wanna be is in the military now. Don't forget this was out of a dire need to survive and somehow escape the thought of not having a roof over my head. I just disagree with so many things in the military struggle, however I understand the reason that the military exists. So where do you draw the line?? Or is this one of those gray areas that I am given grace for in my life, I just understand why so many people act the way they do or choose the lives they choose. Maybe it was where they were born, their culture, or their parents? Who raised them, who was there to mentor them. Is war ever really an answer? No, but if America did not have a military would it exist? No. I don't believe we would continue to exist as a country without a military and there have been many lives given to that cause, lives that I take very seriously and am not in any way disgracing by writing this I am just intending to ask which is the higher path to take? Join war or turn your back and let others fight (for whatever reason they are fighting). Where do we all go, which paths do we choose, which are we supposed to choose? Over the centuries people have fought for one word foremost among all others "Freedom", the right to choose, the will to live according to one's own thoughts; conscience. The craziest part to me is that we all continue to just spin around in space and pretend that there is anything really all that new about War. I guess the most I can say is that I intend to live a very conscience minded living while I walk this earth and that does not include mindlessly killing anything on the side of the 'enemy'.

1 comment:

  1. Truth be told, to me America (in general) is equal to military. Not war necessarily, but military for sure. And I don't really have a problem with that. I don't even have something against the soldiers whatsoever (after all, Greece has soldiers too, and all soldiers follow orders). What I do have a problem with is the orders people in higher positions give and some of the ideas that the army represents. I don't know if I am right, but I find some of them rather narrow-minded for my liking. And that's the same everywhere. Which is why I am glad women are not forced to go to army. I don't agree with having someone humiliate you just because he's supposed to be better than you according to some papers.
    Still, I can't help admiring (some) of the people in army.
    I am not a split personality, I just don't like to see things one-sided...
    Do I make sense?
    P.S. Just tell me what kind of books you like to read and I will inform you accordingly.
    :)

    ReplyDelete